To get involved, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hollaback! is not just an app and a map, it’s a movement. And we need you.
Have five minutes? Here’s what you can do to help:
- Hollaback! by Sharing your Story
- Share the love! The more people out there who know that we exist, the more quickly we can end street harassment. Invite your facebook friends to our facebook page, give @HollabackSLO a shout-out on your twitter feed, or tell everyone you know about Hollaback! SLO via the communication mechanism you love best!
- Have an office, a window, or a counter? Contact us and we can provide with flyers, brochures, business cards, etc.
Got a little more time?
- Everyday is a HOLLAday. So much of what we do is about getting the word out. Invite Hollaback! SLO to your next club or organization meeting, cocktail party, art opening, etc..
- Give your birthday to the future. It’s a shame that starting a revolution isn’t free, but it’s the truth. Instead of gifts, ask for donations to Hollaback! this year.
- Be a star. Send us a video of you telling your street harassment story. For inspiration, see our YouTube page.
- Provide data. Part of the problem with street harassment is that it’s invisible. Change the game by pulling together a study of street harassment in your community. We’ll publish the results.
- Guest blogging. Got a smart, sassy opinion about street harassment? Let it be heard! Email us your blog post and we’ll post it on the site.
Got a lot more time?
- Launch a Hollaback! in your town.
- Got skills? We need you. We are entirely volunteer run and need all the help we can get. Event planners, DJs and VJs, grantwriters, songwriters, youth workers, etc, we need you one and all.